Today, small businesses in New York face a lot of risk. There is the risk of vandalism, the risk of theft, and the risk of a data breach. And of course there is the risk of workplace violence. It is a scary world out there, but there are ways to lessen the damage of these scenarios and even prevent them from happening in the first place. By turning to smarter security in NYC, small businesses can increase protection and improve operations. Here are a few basic tips to get started:
- Consider remote video monitoring: With professional agents available 24/7, businesses can ensure that someone is handling all unusual or unwanted activity. Employers can even access live feeds themselves when they are out of the office.
- Install alarms and detectors: Emergency events such as fires, gas leaks and break-ins put both people and property at risk. Alarms and detectors offer protection by alerting the right people to take action before it is too late.
- Upgrade access control: Security has moved past traditional keys and locks to wireless lock-sets and card readers. The latest access control technology offers better management of who comes and goes and improves documentation of it for later use.
- Create multiple complex passwords. Using the same password year after year on multiple accounts is never smart.
- Back up everything. This includes both electronic and physical documents.
- Check storage on an ongoing basis. Make sure you are aware of how much video storage you have and how long it will be stored for.
Transition to smarter security in NYC today
At Peace of Mind Technologies, we are dedicated to providing quality protection for all of your small business needs. To learn more about smarter security in NYC, call us today or visit our website.
Latest posts by POM Technologies (see all)
- Best Practices for Apartment Building Surveillance - August 13, 2019
- How Schools Can Be Smarter About Security in 4 Easy Steps - August 13, 2019
- Why Hospitals Need Security Alarm Systems, Surveillance and Access Control - July 31, 2019